Bedmond Village Task Force
If you would like to have your views about Bedmond considered , please contact a member of the Task Force (via Bedmond School).
We were delighted to have received awards for 'Services to the Community' from the Parish Council and High Sheriff in 2012-13.
Despite having seen initial success in bringing the community together, we have plenty more to do and welcome any ideas of how to put Bedmond on the map and make us the best village around!
Bedmond Village Task Force aims to promote Bedmond and enhance the local community. Our community group consists of members from the school, local churches, village hall committee, Local Councillors (Three Rivers District Council and Abbots Langley Parish Council), Women's Institute, Bedmond Sports and Social Club and other interested parties.
Our group continues to grow and welcomes anyone who wishes to help bring the community together. Please contact us via one of our members or through the school if you would like to join our group or discuss ideas.
- The Task Force have successfully worked with Bedmond School to host a village fair over the past four years. Children from the school have led Maypole displays and the choir sung to all whilst Birds of Prey (2015) and Morris Dancers (2012 & 13) have also entertained the crowds. Many positive comments have been received from members of the local community.
- A 'Make Bedmond Beautiful' morning is held twice a year with members of the community encouraged to join Task Force members to help tidy the village. Our most recent clean-up in March 2016 tied in with the national 'Clean for the Queen' initiative with some new faces from the village joining us as we tied up the local area.
- Our third annual village Easter egg hunt proved a successful event for children in Bedmond, with families touring the village in search of clues in order to get their hands on an egg (eggs kindly donated by the 'Bingo ladies' from Bedmond Sports & Social Club 2016 & The Ark 2015)
- A festive afternoon tea for the Senior Citizens of Bedmond is a popular event in our list of annual events with children from Bedmond School serving the refreshments (and receiving many positive comments about their good manners) and entertainment from local groups. Many thanks to the Friday Singers in 2016.
- An annual village Christmas tree (kindly donated by JS Funeral Services) has been erected outside the village hall (2012 & 13) and more recently outside 'Tin Church' (2014-16). The tree is decorated by all the children in the village school for all to enjoy throughout the festive season.
- Carols around the Tree. With the erection of the village tree, villagers now join us annually to sing their hearts out to celebrate the festive season and are rewarded with mince pies and mulled wine courtesy of the Task Force. The 2016 concert saw more villagers join us than ever before.
- Children's street party and beacon to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Our beacon was the only one granted in Three Rivers District. Over 130 children attended the tea party and celebrations went into the evening..